A number of changes are being made to local bus services in Carmarthenshire during August, September and October 2018.
Midway Motors have announced that they are withdrawing their commercial bus service number 230 between Cardigan and Carmarthen.
The service operates on the first Wednesday of each month, but will cease after the first Wednesday in August.
First Cymru will be making various changes to their services in the coming months, as follows:
- There will be revised timetables on services 905, T1s and X11 from 3rd September 2018.
- Further changes will take place from 24th September 2018, with revisions to later journeys on service X11 and to morning journeys on services 195 and 196.
- Also from this date Carmarthen’s Park and Ride service PR1 from Nantyci to the Town Centre and Glangwili Hospital will be operated by Morris Travel instead of First Cymru, but the times and fares of the service will be unchanged.
- Then from 29th October 2018 service B1 in Pembrey and Burry Port will be operated by Morris Travel instead of First Cymru, with the same timetable as now.
- Also from this date some journeys on service 198 will be operated by Morris Travel instead of First Cymru, with the 1620 Llanelli to Carmarthen journey running at the same time as at present but with the 1800 journey from Carmarthen running only as far as Kidwelly and no longer going on to Trimsaran and Llanelli.
- From the same date service 196 currently running at 1735 from Carmarthen to Llanelli will run 10 minutes later throughout.
More information on these changes is available on First Cymru’s website