The spotlight is on dementia friendly theatre at Ffwrnes in Llanelli this week.
Canoe Theatre and Theatrau Sir Gâr present A Dementia Friendly production of This Incredible Life, by Alan Harris, directed by Julia Thomas and starring Sharon Morgan and Christopher Elson.
Mab has spent her life telling stories.
She was a jet-setting journalist, putting people’s lives into print.
As a young boy, her nephew Robert, hung on her every word.
He doesn’t listen anymore.
In a time when fake news has made it into the vernacular, and the line between fact and fiction becomes blurred, does truth really matter?
Let Alan Harris’ latest comedy sweep you off your feet with live music, film and a story that will lift the spirits and warm your heart, MGM style.
What is a “Dementia Friendly” performance?
The play has been created to enable a relaxed audience experience:
- The theatre will be well lit with comfortable sound levels.
- There will be more space between seats.
- You can leave the theatre and re-enter as and when you need to.
- Refreshments will be served.
- Friendly volunteers will help and direct throughout the day.
Ffwrness, Llanelli: Friday 28 September
- 10.30-11.30am – Dementia Friends Session with The Alzheimer’s Society: Drop into this nationwide initiative where you can learn more about dementia and the small ways that you can help.
- 12:00pm-12:45pm – Sing and Smile with Goldies Cymru
- 12.45-1.30pm – Lunch and Table top activities with young volunteers from PeopleSpeakUp
- 1.30-3pm Dementia Friendly performance of This Incredible Life, with refreshments and meet the actors afterwards. (click here to book tickets)
To find out more contact Eleanor on 07972 651920 or email email@example.com
- 26 September, 19:30BOOK NOW
- 27 September, 19:30BOOK NOW
- 28 September, 13:30BOOK NOW
- 28 September, 19:00BOOK NOW