Photo supplied by Instagram account ‘mikethesnow’
The countdown is well and truly on to the annual Festival of the Senses in picturesque market town of Llandeilo in the Tywi Valley.
The three-day festival is a weekend of food, fun, entertainment and shopping opportunities – an event which signals the start of the build-up to Christmas in West Wales.
This year’s Festival of the Senses runs from November 16-18.
The festival has been running since 2008 and picked up a Carmarthenshire Tourism Association award in 2017.
“It really is a festival with something for everyone,” said organising committee member Christoph Fischer.
“The Llandeilo Festival of the Senses has something for all the family – and, of course, it’s free!”
The festival is the largest event of its kind in Carmarthenshire.
Last year, thousands of visitors and locals flocked to Llandeilo to enjoy the gastronomic delicacies of local and far-away produce.
Visitors danced to the music performed on the stage, gazed in awe at the colourful firework display and were delighted to see Santa and start their Christmas shopping experience.
There will be new elements added in to this year’s Festival of the Senses –
- Llandeilo Town WiFi – courtesy of the festival. This will be up and running for the festival and will cover the main shopping areas and compensate for sometimes patchy mobile phone reception.
- Two Park and Ride buses to give easy access to the town centre and two locations to save you driving through town – Ysgol Bro Dinefwr car park, which will be available from Friday 4pm, and one at The Hangout on the Beechwood industrial estate, Talley Road, where you can also sit down and wait in the warm and dry.
- Craft demonstrations with ‘Have A Go’ options in the Ebenezer Chapel, Crescent Road. There’ll be spinning, painting, book-binding. embroidery and much more with scheduled sessions and ‘drop in and chat’ opportunities with the craftsmen and artists.
- A Festival App for mobile and tablet users. This will run on the Llandeilo Town WiFi. It’ll keep visitors up-to-date with information about the festival, the entertainment timetable, special offers, weather forecast, reminder notifications and all you need to know about Llandeilo and the Festival of the Senses.
- A Farmer’s Market in the town centre, behind the Surgery, White Horse pub and NFU offices. There will be fresh and local produce from the Llandeilo Country Market, Black Mountain Food Hub and others.
The Festival of the Senses is a big draw for the way it fits snugly inside Llandeilo town centre.
The festival encompasses the town’s shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants, as well as offering craft and fashion stalls, food stalls, buskers, entertainment and much more.
Main stall areas for this year are:
- Arts and Craft Market – Llandeilo Civic Hall
- Arts and Crafts – The Old Library (situated in the town car park)
- Cubitts Food Court (the main town car park)
- Horeb Fashion Hall – Horeb Chapel
- King Street Food
Festival opening times are:
- 16th – 11am – 9.30pm
- 17th – 10am – 6pm
- 18th – 10am – 4pm
The event is bound to put visitors in the Christmas spirit.
It will also spark the senses as visitors can . . .
So much to see and do. You won’t know where to start…
Free entertainment throughout the weekend for all the family.
Stimulate your sense of smell with so many olfactory treats!
Be overwhelmed with the choices of food available when you visit… and to take home.
Textures and tactile experiences to excite your sense of touch.
After stimulating your senses, spoil yourself with a touch of luxury.
You can keep in touch with the Festival of the Senses via the social media Hashtag #FoS2018
and the Facebook event page –
Photos attached of festival logo, promotional poster and general scenes from previous festivals.