If you want to scream this Halloween then make sure you’re booked in to the ‘witching hour’ at Pembrey Country Park.
The park’s events team has put on a week of ghoulish activities to get everyone in the spirit.
From October 29 to November 2 there will be witches, zombies and ghosts galore, with something for visitors of all ages.
Not for the faint-hearted is a 2km Zombie Run, a night-time nature walk, ghost hunt, campfire storytelling and crafts.
Everyone is encouraged to dress up in their scariest outfits.
Mags Pullen, Events and Facilities Manager, said: “Halloween is one of our most favourite times of the year at the park, which after dark is the perfect spooky backdrop for fun and games.
“We’ve put on a full programme of events with something to suit everyone. We had a hugely successful Halloween last year, and this year it’s even better so we’re encouraging people to book early to avoid disappointment.”
Full safety information will be provided before the start of each event. Suitable footwear and warm clothing beneath costumes is advised.
Entry to the park is free, however the normal parking charge applies – £2 per car.
Booking is essential – call 01554 742424 or email email@example.com
Monday October 29
- 6.30pm – Bat and Night Time Nature Walk (limited spaces remaining). Join an experienced park ranger who will be showing guests the hidden gems of Pembrey. Cost £3 per person, under 12s must be supervised by an adult. Please bring a torch.
Tuesday October 30 and Thursday November 1
- 11am – Wizards and Witches. Make fairy wands before sitting down to hear a story about the spooks of Pembrey. Return via a magical journey like no other where you might see something magical in the woods. Cost £5 per child, seven years and under and must be supervised by an adult.
- 2pm – Ghosts and Ghouls. Embark on a bug hunt to find some scary bugs. Learn to build a den in the woods to protect you from spooky creatures. Cost £5 per child. Eight years and under and must be supervised by an adult.
Wednesday October 31
- 2pm – Ghost Hunt. Join us in hunting down the Hatchet Man, the scariest ghost of Pembrey. £5 per child, eight years and over.
- 6pm – Zombie Run. Try to outrun the zombies – if you’re one of the few to survive you’ll be rewarded. Cost £6, including refreshments. Suitable for older children and adults.
Friday November 2
- 6.30pm – Campfire and Story Telling (limited spaces remaining). Sit around the campfire listening to ghostly stories whilst toasting grub bites. Cost £3 per child, six years and under and must be supervised by an adult.